Drunk Britons Arrested for Harassing Air India Hostess
Two inebriated British nationals of Indian origin were arrested for allegedly harassing a 28-year-old air hostess on an Air India flight from London to Delhi.
Representative image. Photo: Reuters
New Delhi: Two inebriated British nationals of Indian origin were arrested for allegedly harassing a 28-year-old air hostess on an Air India flight from London to Delhi.
After a complaint was filed, both the accused, who are real estate agents were arrested and later got bail, police said.
In a statement, Air India condemned the incident and said that they will also probe the matter at their end.
The accused were identified as Jaspal Singh (35) and Charandeep Khaira (36), who had come here from London to attend a marriage ceremony in Jaipur, said DCP (Airport) Sanjay Bhatia.
Their breathalyser test indicated they were drunk, he said.
On March 29, while they were on the flight they asked the air hostess to get them some food but when she took some time
They started making lewd comments. After the plane landed here, the crew reported the matter to the security agencies and a case was registered.
Condemning the incident, Air India said in a statement, "The AI is also carrying out its probe and the incident is condemned. At the same time we urge our passengers to draw a line of ethics while flying and using our services so that it
does not cause inconvenience to either the airline and supporting staff or our valued travellers".
Recommended For You
- Facebook-Cambridge Analytica Scam: Here's How it Helped Elect Donald Trump as US President
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class First Drive: Is it The Best Car In The World in 2018?
- Sanjay Dutt Plans Legal Action Against 'Unauthorised' Biography; Read His Statement
- Meet World's Tiniest Computer by IBM That Equals The Size of a Salt Grain
- Stars Ooze Glamour at News18 REEL Movie Awards Red Carpet