Drunk Driver Runs Over Four People Sleeping on Footpath in Jaipur
The accused has been identified as 35-year-old Bharat Bhushan Meena, a property dealer.
New Delhi: One person was killed and three others injured when a speeding SUV ran over them while they were asleep on a footpath outside Jaipur’s Gandhi Nagar Railway station. The driver was suspected to be in an inebriated condition at the time of incident.
The accused has been identified as 35-year-old Bharat Bhushan Meena, a property dealer. He tried to flee the spot after the accident on Thursday night but was nabbed by the crowd and handed over to the police.
He was arrested and taken to Sawai Maan Singh hospital for medical examination, the police said. “Prima facie it appears that the accused was under the influence of alcohol,” said Kavendra Singh Sagar, additional commissioner of police, Jaipur (East).
The injured were rushed to Sawai Maan Singh hospital where their condition is stated to be critical. The four victims have been identified as Jagmohan Meena of Dausa, Sitaram Yadav from Madhya Pradesh, Shahid Khan of Bharatpur and Nanuram Bairwa from Budni district of Rajasthan.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Mouni Roy Shares Romantic Moment with Salman Khan, Dances to Odhni Song
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- Bigg Boss 13: Krushna Reacts to Siddharth's Comment on Sister Arti, Says How Can He Do This
- Of Fruits and Females: Why Turkish Preacher Comparing Women to 'Peeled Apples' isn't Surprising
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Plans Start at Rs 222 Which Includes Bundled Non-Jio Calls