Drunk Man Sets Bike on Fire in Delhi After Being Stopped by Traffic Police
When the police team reached the spot, it was found that the traffic staff was carrying out action against drunk driving.
Another man tried to extinguish the fire.
New Delhi: A man under the influence of alcohol allegedly set ablaze his motorcycle after he was stopped by the traffic personnel in south Delhi's Chirag Delhi area on Thursday.
According to the police, a PCR Call was recieved at Malviya Nagar Police station about a man torching his motorcycle.
When the police team reached the spot, it was found that the traffic staff was carrying out action against drunk driving. When the traffic staff stopped a motorcycle rider Rakesh, a resident of Sarvodaya Enclave, he was found under the influence of alcohol.
His vehicle was impounded as per law. "In the meantime, he mischievously set fire to his vehicle. A case under relevant sections has been registered and further investigation is under way," police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mahesh Babu Pens Down Most Adorable Daughters' Day Note for His 'Lil One Sita Papa'
- Watch: Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year