Drunk Sub-inspector in UP Rapes Minor Inside Police Quarters
On Saturday night, Superintendent of police Vipin Tada reached Bhanwarka near Kemri town in Rampur district and pacified the angry mob by arresting accused Tejveer Singh and suspending him.
Picture for representation.
Rampur (UP): In a shocking incident, a drunk sub-inspector allegedly raped a seven-year-old girl inside the police quarters in the district, police said on Sunday.
The incident happened on Saturday night at Bhanwarka near Kemri town in Rampur district, when an inebriated Tejveer Singh caught hold of the minor, who was playing outside the police outpost, and allegedly raped her inside the quarters, an official said.
According to eye witnesses, a constable raised an alarm over the incident. The incident enraged the locals, who gheraoed the police outpost and tried to vandalise it.
Superintendent of police Vipin Tada reached the spot and pacified the angry mob by arresting the accused and suspending him.
A case has been filed against the sub-inspector, Tada said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Twitter Comes Crashing Down as Photo of 'Great Wall of Ahmedabad' Built to Welcome Trump Goes Viral
- Jabra Elite 75t Review: These Wireless Earbuds Are Absolutely Brilliant And Worth Every Penny
- Tyson Fury Seen Licking Deontay Wilder's Blood During Fight, Fans are Grossed Out
- The One Where They Reunite: The 'FRIENDS' Reunion is Happening, and Fans Cannot Keep Calm
- Coronavirus Impact: Samsung Factory in Korea Shut Down After Employee Tests Positive