DTC Employee Shot Dead in Front of 5-year-old Son, Child Rushes Home to Inform Family
The deceased, identified as 40-year-old Akibuddin, was returning home with his sister and son when the incident took place.
Representative image (Getty)
New Delhi: A man was shot dead in front of his five-year-old son in Delhi's Usmanpur area on late Sunday night.
The deceased, identified as 40-year-old Akibuddin, was returning home with his sister and son when the incident took place. He was an employee with the Delhi Transport Corporation.
Akibuddin’s son rushed to his home to inform his family when he saw his father being shot by the assailants.
Five assailants, accompanied by their mother, were waiting for Akibuddin as he was on his way back home, the family said.
"As soon as we reached home, five men were standing outside our home waiting for us. Seeing my brother they started shooting at him. The mother of the assailants was also present at the time of the incident," Akibuddin's sister Rehmat, who was with him at the time of attack, was quoted as saying by ANI.
Initial investigation has revealed that the accused were known to Akibuddin’s family and the shootout could possibly be because of personal dispute.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Yeh Hai Mohabbatein Actor Karan Patel, Wife Ankita Bhargava to Become Parents: Report
- This Man Has the Same Pathological Laughing Disorder as Joaquin Phoenix's Joker
- Quinton de Kock's Reaction After Indian Fan Breaches Security to Touch His Feet is Priceless
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- Indian Government Procures Hyundai Kona Electric SUV for Senior Officials