E-mail Threat Says 4 Men Could Target Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal on R-day
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has received death threats on his official e-mail, which says four men could target the AAP leader.
File photo of Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal. (PTI)
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has received death threats on his official e-mail, which says four men could target the AAP leader.
City Police Commissioner Alok Verma was approached by the government to look into the matter following which the crime branch took over the investigation.
Sources said the death threat was sent to Kejriwal through email on Tuesday as well as on Wednesday.
Delhi Home Secretary SN Sahay has also apprised Police Commissioner Verma about the threat. Sahay has also forwarded the threat emails to the police commissioner, sources said.
The sender of the mails has not disclosed identity.
"There's a letter from the Chief Minister's office forwarding an email mentioning some names and numbers of people who want to kill the CM. We are verifying the information. No case has been registered in the matter so far," PTI quoted an officer as saying.
(With agency inputs)
Recommended For You
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Turbo Review: Racing Stripe on a Running Shoe is Just The Start of Awesomeness
- Watch Makeup Artist Behind James Cameron's Avatar Turn Akshay Kumar into Beast for 2.0
- Kohli, Rahul & Pant Cheer for Team India in Women's World T20
- 'Enough About Ram': Can Ramayana's Sita be the Next Feminist Icon in India?
- Midnight Snack: This City Has the Most Bed Bugs in the US, Sleep Tight