E-mail Threat Says 4 Men Could Target Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal on R-day
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has received death threats on his official e-mail, which says four men could target the AAP leader.
File photo of Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal. (PTI)
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has received death threats on his official e-mail, which says four men could target the AAP leader.
City Police Commissioner Alok Verma was approached by the government to look into the matter following which the crime branch took over the investigation.
Sources said the death threat was sent to Kejriwal through email on Tuesday as well as on Wednesday.
Delhi Home Secretary SN Sahay has also apprised Police Commissioner Verma about the threat. Sahay has also forwarded the threat emails to the police commissioner, sources said.
The sender of the mails has not disclosed identity.
"There's a letter from the Chief Minister's office forwarding an email mentioning some names and numbers of people who want to kill the CM. We are verifying the information. No case has been registered in the matter so far," PTI quoted an officer as saying.
(With agency inputs)
Recommended For You
- The 10 Year Challenge on Facebook: Intelligent Algorithms Aside, Are we The Product, Again?
- PUBG Mobile 0.10.5 Update Goes Live: Adds Royale Pass Season 5, MK47 Mutant But no Zombie Mode
- New Toyota Camry Hybrid Launched in India for Rs 36.95 Lakh
- After #10YearChallenge, BJP Throws Open #5YearChallenge to Show 'Modi-Era Progress'
- Last Amazon And Flipkart Sales Before New E-commerce Guidelines Kick in: Everything to Know
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s