E-mail Threat Says 4 Men Could Target Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal on R-day
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has received death threats on his official e-mail, which says four men could target the AAP leader.
File photo of Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal. (PTI)
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has received death threats on his official e-mail, which says four men could target the AAP leader.
City Police Commissioner Alok Verma was approached by the government to look into the matter following which the crime branch took over the investigation.
Sources said the death threat was sent to Kejriwal through email on Tuesday as well as on Wednesday.
Delhi Home Secretary SN Sahay has also apprised Police Commissioner Verma about the threat. Sahay has also forwarded the threat emails to the police commissioner, sources said.
The sender of the mails has not disclosed identity.
"There's a letter from the Chief Minister's office forwarding an email mentioning some names and numbers of people who want to kill the CM. We are verifying the information. No case has been registered in the matter so far," PTI quoted an officer as saying.
(With agency inputs)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Falls Off Stage With Fan During Concert in Las Vegas, See Video
- Indian Tourist from Maharashtra Detained in Bhutan for 'Desecrating' Holy Buddhist Chorten
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- 'This is a Joke Right?' Trump Wrote a Bizarre Letter to Turkey and Twitter Had a Lot of Memes
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried