Earthquake Hits Near Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan, Strong Tremors Felt in Delhi-NCR
Tremors of the earthquake were also reported from Jammu and Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.
New Delhi: A earthquake of magnitude 6.8 on the richter scale struck the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan and strong tremors were felt in Delhi and the larger National Capital Region. Tremors of the earthquake were also reported from Jammu and Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.The tremors were felt for nearly a minute.
"The earthquake of 6.8 magnitude had its epicentre in Hindu Kush," an official of the Seismology Department said. There was no immediate report of any loss of life or property due to the quake which hit at 5.13 pm.
This is a breaking news story. More details are awaited.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ready to Give Women's IPL Five Years to Grow: Coach WV Raman
- Shahid Kapoor and Ishaan Khattar's Maternal Grandmother Passes Away
- 'You Have Not Seen the Last of Us,' Says Greta Thunberg Ahead of World Economic Forum
- Scientists Are Trying to Find Survivors of Endangered Species in Australian Bushfires
- Virat Kohli Spotted Driving His New Audi Q8 SUV For the First Time