Earthquake of 5 Magnitude Hits West Bengal's Hooghly
The earthquake that occurred at 6.33 pm had its epicentre at a depth of 10 km in the Hooghly district, around 40 km from Kolkata.
Kolkata: An earthquake of moderate intensity measuring 5 on the Richter scale hit West Bengal's Hooghly district this evening, the Meteorological Department said.
No damage to property or casualty was reported, the police said.
The earthquake that occurred at 6.33 pm had its epicentre at a depth of 10 km in the Hooghly district, around 40 km from here, the Met Department said.
Regional Met Director G K Das said it was an earthquake of moderate intensity.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor Hits Back at Trolls Targeting Her Sindhi-Peshawari Lineage
- BCCI Informs Indian High Commission in Antigua About Hoax Terror Threat
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes