Earthquake of 6.0 Magnitude Jolts Andaman and Nicobar Islands Region
The earthquake hit the region at 8.43 am and its epicentre was Nicobar Islands region. There were no immediate reports of loss of life or damage to property.
The earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hit in the morning (Image : Google Maps)
Port Blair: A strong earthquake of magnitude 6 hit the seismologically prone Andaman and Nicobar Islands on Thursday, National Centre for Seismology (NCS) said.
There was no tsunami alert issued as sea levels around the Andaman Nicobar archipelago showed no major rise, said INCOIS Director SPS Shenoi.
The earthquake hit the region at 8.43 am and its epicentre was Nicobar Islands region. There were no immediate reports of loss of life or damage to property, officials said.
Recommended For You
- Facebook May Launch TikTok Competitor to Rope in More Users: Report
- Alexa on Windows 10 Will Soon Activate on Lock Screen with Microsoft's 19H2 Update
- From Politicians to Movie Stars, Women are Sharing Their Favourite Saree Photos on Twitter
- Have You Tried Solving this ‘Maths Meme’ that Has Left People Scratching Their Heads?
- TVS Young Media Racer Program 2019 Round 2: Has Anyone Seen My Footpeg?