Earthquake of Magnitude 5.2 Hits Andaman Islands
A 5.2 magnitude earthquake struck Andaman Islands around 2.30 am on Thursday.
A general view of the runway controlled by the Indian military is pictured at Port Blair airport in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India, July 4, 2015. The arrival of the warships at Port Blair earlier this month symbolizes how an island chain better known for its beaches and diving is quietly becoming a key plank in New Delhi's strategy to counter China's growing naval presence in the Indian Ocean. Picture taken July 4, 2015/REUTERS
New Delhi: A 5.2 magnitude earthquake struck Andaman Islands around 2.30 am on Thursday causing mild tremors in and around the archipelagos.
According to India Meteorological Department, "Earthquake of Magnitude: 5.2, Occurred on: 15-09-2016, 08:00:45 IST, Lat: 10.1 N & Long: 91.6 E, Depth: 10 Km, Region: Andaman Islands."
Earthquake of Magnitude:5.2, Occurred on:15-09-2016, 08:00:45 IST, Lat:10.1 N & Long: 91.6 E, Depth: 10 Km, Region:Andaman Islands— India Met. Dept. (@Indiametdept) September 15, 2016
Police sources said, there were no reports of serious injuries or damage.
Local fishermen were asked not to venture in to the sea.
Recommended For You
- Avengers Endgame Re-releasing in Theatres With New Post Credit Scene and 'Extra Surprises'
- Kendall Jenner's Photos of Outfit Matching Coke Can Puzzle Fans
- Marvel President Kevin Feige Says Keanu Reeves was Approached for Almost Every MCU Movie
- Can You Trust Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency? Initial Regulatory Indicators Aren’t Exactly Positive
- Xiaomi Sells More Than 100,000 Mi TVs in Just 9 Minutes During 618 Sales in China
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s