Earthquake of Magnitude 5.2 Hits Andaman Islands
A 5.2 magnitude earthquake struck Andaman Islands around 2.30 am on Thursday.
A general view of the runway controlled by the Indian military is pictured at Port Blair airport in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India, July 4, 2015. The arrival of the warships at Port Blair earlier this month symbolizes how an island chain better known for its beaches and diving is quietly becoming a key plank in New Delhi's strategy to counter China's growing naval presence in the Indian Ocean. Picture taken July 4, 2015/REUTERS
New Delhi: A 5.2 magnitude earthquake struck Andaman Islands around 2.30 am on Thursday causing mild tremors in and around the archipelagos.
According to India Meteorological Department, "Earthquake of Magnitude: 5.2, Occurred on: 15-09-2016, 08:00:45 IST, Lat: 10.1 N & Long: 91.6 E, Depth: 10 Km, Region: Andaman Islands."
Earthquake of Magnitude:5.2, Occurred on:15-09-2016, 08:00:45 IST, Lat:10.1 N & Long: 91.6 E, Depth: 10 Km, Region:Andaman Islands— India Met. Dept. (@Indiametdept) September 15, 2016
Police sources said, there were no reports of serious injuries or damage.
Local fishermen were asked not to venture in to the sea.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked