Earthquake of Magnitude 5.6 on Richter Scale Hits Kashmir, Tremors Felt in Srinagar
There have been no reports of damage of casualties so far.
New Delhi: An earthquake of magnitude 5.6 on the Richter scale struck Kashmir at around 10.20 pm on Tuesday night.
The epicentre of the quake was at a depth of 80 kilometres in northwestern Kashmir, 118 kilometres from Srinagar, the officials said after revised data came in. Earlier, they had said the quake struck at a depth of 40 km.
There have been no reports of damage or casualties so far.
Describing his feelings post the tremors, National Conference leader Omar Abdullah tweeted, "Kashmir Rocks."
Srinagar rocks!— Omar Abdullah (@OmarAbdullah) February 5, 2019
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'