EC to Hold EVM Demo of Its Own, Decide on Hackathon Tomorrow
The poll panel’s demonstration comes weeks after the AAP claimed to have successfully hacked into an EVM when its MLA, Saurabh Bhardwaj, gave a point-by-point demonstration on ways to rig the voting machine
New Delhi: The Election Commission will hold a demonstration on Saturday to counter the charge of EVM tampering levelled by a host of opposition parties, chiefly the AAP. The date of the hackathon — the poll panel’s open challenge to technocrats and political parties — is also likely to be announced on Saturday.
The poll panel’s demonstration comes weeks after the Aam Aadmi Party claimed to have successfully hacked into an EVM when its MLA, Saurabh Bhardwaj, gave a point-by-point demonstration on ways to rig the voting machine at a special session of the Delhi Assembly.
The Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP and the Mayawati-led Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) had alleged that EVMs were tampered with in the February-March assembly elections in five states and the just concluded Delhi civic polls.
The Election Commission had on May 12 met the representatives of seven national parties and 35 state parties to reassure them that EVMs cannot be tampered with. After the meeting, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had alleged that the poll panel had backtracked the promise to conduct a hackathon. The EC, however, has said that the challenge was on and the date would be announced soon.
Recommended For You
- After 50th Career Hat-trick Messi says Barca Back to Their Best
- Salman Khan on Launching Star Kids: I Launch Deserving Candidates, Not Anybody
- Paddleton Review: Tender Bromance Between Ray Romano and Mark Duplass is A Whiff of Fresh Air
- Salman Khan, Sanjay Leela Bhansali Reunite for a Love Story, 19 Years After 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam'
- PUBG Mobile Update 0.11.0: Zombie Mode, Resident Evil 2 Collaboration And More
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s