EC to Monitor Election Rallies in Goa via Live-Streaming
All the election rallies in Goa would be monitored by Election Commission of India (ECI) through live-streaming and web casting, a senior official said on Tuesday.
Election Commission of India (Photo: Umesh Sharma, News18)
Panaji: All the election rallies in Goa would be monitored by Election Commission of India (ECI) through live-streaming and web casting, a senior official said on Tuesday.
Live feed is being taken from all the election rallies and flying squads which are on the field. The feed would be monitored in Chief Electoral Office and the office of both the district magistrates, Goa Chief Electoral Officer Kunal told PTI on Tuesday.
The Commission has also decided to have 'live' streaming from all the polling stations spread across 40 constituencies so that the actual happenings at these points would be known to the officers, he said.
Kunal said the traditional videography done during the election process would be replaced by live streaming.
Live streaming is possible as Goa has good connectivity and necessary infrastructure is in place, he said.
There were initial hitches but the live streaming has started functioning full-fledged from Monday onwards, he said adding that there is a dedicated server and dedicated video wall in offices of both district magistrates and CEO office.
Kunal said the officers can even watch all the live streaming on their laptops.
The elections for Goa Assembly would be held on February 4.
Recommended For You
- New Toyota Camry Hybrid Launched in India for Rs 36.95 Lakh
- Volkswagen Says Cars Compliant With India Emission Norms but Will Pay NGT-Slapped 100 Crore Penalty
- Vivo Republic Day Sale: Discounts up to Rs 10,000 on Vivo V11 Pro, Vivo NEX And More on Amazon And Flipkart
- After #10YearChallenge, BJP Throws Open #5YearChallenge to Show 'Modi-Era Progress'
- CBI Raid SAI Headquarters, Director Among 6 Arrested in Corruption Case
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s