Economist Surjit Bhalla Appointed as Executive Director for India at IMF
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Surjit Bhalla for a period of three years.
A file photo of Surjit Bhalla. (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: Economist Surjit S Bhalla was on Tuesday appointed as the Executive Director for India at the International Monetary Fund (IMF), an official order said.
His appointment has been cleared by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The ACC approved the appointment of Bhalla for a period of three years from the date of assumption of charge of the post or until further orders, whichever is earlier, the order said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mithali Raj Dedicates Taylor Swift Song to Troll Criticising Her Language Preferences
- Inside Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor's Wedding Anniversary Party
- Supermodel Bella Hadid is World's Most Beautiful Woman According to Science
- India, Stressed: More than Half of Commuters in Metro Cities Likely to Commit Road Rage
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution