In Massive ED Crackdown, 700 Shell Firms Found at One Mumbai Address
The Enforcement Directorate on Saturday launched a nationwide crackdown against shell companies and conducted searches at 100 locations across 16 states to check the circulation of black money.
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate on Saturday launched a nationwide crackdown against shell companies and conducted searches at 100 locations across 16 states to check the circulation of black money.
Multiple teams, comprising 300 officers, visited these locations and raided the premises of firms in prominent places like Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Patna, Ranchi, Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar and Bengaluru among others.
The agency reportedly found more than 700 shell companies at one address in Mumbai.
It has also reportedly looked into shell companies allegedly linked to YSR Congress chief Jagan Mohan Reddy and former chief engineer of Noida, Yadav Singh.
The action is part of the mandate given to the ED under a Special Task Force (STF) that was recently created by the government on the directions of the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
The agency had recently attached assets worth crores of such firms.
Shell companies are defined as those firms which are set up by nominal paid-up capital, high reserves and surplus on account of receipt of high share premium, investment in unlisted companies, no dividend income, high cash in hand, private companies as majority shareholders, low turnover and operating income, nominal expenses, nominal statutory payments and stock in trade and minimum fixed asset.
Recommended For You
- Simmba: Ranveer Singh-Sara Ali Khan’s Tere Bin Will Take You Back to Yash Chopra’s Romantic Songs
- Ex-Couple Sushant Singh Rajput, Ankita Lokhande's Sweet Exchange on Instagram is Unmissable
- Meet The Manipur Startup Recreating Tea With Grandma's Secret Recipes Filled With Nostalgia
- Aquaman Movie Review: Jason Momoa, Powered by Amber Heard, Shines in DC's Newest Superhero Movie
- YouTube's 'Chill' Response to the Most Disliked Video Gets a Thumbs Down From Fans
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s