ED Moves Delhi Court Seeking to Declare Lobbyist Deepak Talwar's Son a Fugitive Offender
The court had earlier issued non-bailable warrant against Aditya Talwar after it took cognisance of the charge sheet filed by ED in the case.
File photo of Deepak Talwar (PTI)
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate moved a Delhi court Wednesday seeking to declare Aditya Talwar, son of lobbyist Deepak Talwar, a fugitive offender in the case related to negotiations favouring foreign private airlines and causing loss to national carrier Air India.
The court had earlier issued non-bailable warrant (NBW) against Aditya after it took cognisance of the charge sheet filed by ED in the case.
Deepak Talwar is currently in judicial custody.
The ED had earlier said that it needed to interrogate Talwar to get the names of officials of the Ministry of Civil Aviation, National Aviation Company of India Ltd and Air India, who favoured foreign airlines, including Qatar Airways, Emirates and Air Arabia.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Streaming Now: Krystle D'souza Turns Gold Digger in Fittrat, Amazon Prime's Modern Love is a Must-Watch
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football