Education Contributing to Growth of Services Sector: Jaitley
Jaitley also called upon them to work hard in their initial years to attain higher goals than remaining mediocre.
File photo of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley
New Delhi: Exhorting students to take advantage of expanding economy, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Tuesday said education has become a powerful tool, which is contributing to the growth of services sector.
Jaitley was the chief guest at the Convocation of Delhi School of Business, Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS) here.
Addressing the students, Jaitley also called upon them to work hard in their initial years to attain higher goals than remaining mediocre.
"For us in India, education is a powerful resource. It is a powerful resource because the largest contribution to our economy comes from services sector. And in the services sector, the human resource itself has the largest role to play," he said.
Services sector contribute about 60 per cent to the country's GDP.
Referring to declining population in several developed countries, the minister said the movement of human resource is "an important item" on the agenda of international trade talks.
VIPS, affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, conducts LLM, MCA, LLB, BBA LLB, BCA and B.COM (Hons), among other courses.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Prince Breaks Down As Wife Yuvika Informs Salman Khan About His Brother's Death
- Malaika Arora's Glamorous Pictures Get Witty Comment from Boyfriend Arjun Kapoor
- Carey Hopes Steve Waugh’s Presence Helps Transition to Red-ball Cricket
- Sheila Dikshit, Former Delhi Chief Minister, Passes Away At 81
- PUBG Mobile: Here are Top Five Features Added With Season 8