Eerie Birthday to You: In Maharashtra Village, Man's Friends Celebrated His Special Day at Crematorium
At the stroke of midnight on Saturday, the men started cheering at the crematorium in Chandori. They were wishing their friend Somnath Kotme on his 25th birthday, they said.
Image for representation.
Nashik: A crematorium is considered as an inauspicious place and one seldom wants to go there. But a group of men in Chandori village in Niphad
taluka of Nashik district in North Maharashtra made it a special venue to celebrate their friends birthday two days ago, local residents said.
At the stroke of midnight on Saturday, the men started cheering at the crematorium in Chandori. They were wishing their friend Somnath Kotme on his 25th birthday, they said. They also cut a cake on the occasion as part of the celebrations.
Kotme was happy at this unusual way of birthday celebration. He said this will send out a message in the society against various superstitions associated with crematoriums and many other blind beliefs.
Photos and videos of the birthday celebrations in the crematorium were uploaded on social media platforms.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Why Do We Need a Judiciary in Place When We Have Real-life 'Singhams'?
- Bigg Boss 13: Will Himanshi Khurana Get Evicted from the House to Save Asim Riaz?
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report