Eid al-Adha 2019: Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu Greets People on the Eve of Bakrid
'The festival is an ode to the virtues of devotion, faith and sacrifice and inspires feelings of brotherhood, compassion and unity,' the vice-president said.
File photo of Vice president Venkaiah Naidu. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu greeted people on the eve of EiId-ul-Zuha on Sunday, saying the festival inspires the feeling of brotherhood, compassion and unity.
Naidu said the festival is an ode to the virtues of devotion, faith and sacrifice.
He hoped that the festivities will strengthen the spirit of generosity and bring people closer to one another.
"The festival is an ode to the virtues of devotion, faith and sacrifice and inspires feelings of brotherhood, compassion and unity," the vice-president said.
He hoped that the noble ideals of Id-ul-Zuha enrich people's lives with peace and harmony and bring prosperity to the country.
Id-ul-Zuha, also called the festival of sacrifice, will be celebrated on Monday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Fan Asks Shah Rukh Khan the Rent of a Room in Mannat, Superstar Quotes This Price
- Tata Motors is Now the Safest Indian Car Manufacturer With Two 5-Star and Two 4-Star Rated Cars
- Microsoft Accidentally Exposed Data of 250 Million Users; Why Aren't We Shocked Anymore?
- WhatsApp Users, Dark Mode is Finally Rolling Out With Beta For Android: Here is How to Use it
- 'What's Your Take on CAA?' Fans Wanted Shah Rukh Khan to Break His Silence on #AskSRK