Eight Kashmiri Students of Mewar University Heckled in Rajasthan
Eight Kashmiri students, studying at Rajasthan’s Mewar University, were allegedly heckled on Wednesday night by a group of unidentified people.
Jaipur: Eight Kashmiri students, studying at Rajasthan’s Mewar University, were allegedly heckled on Wednesday night by a group of unidentified people.
Police said four students were hospitalised while four others suffered minor injuries.
The attack is said to be in response to the heckling of a CRPF jawan during the recent elections in Budgam district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Meanwhile, students from Jammu and Kashmir protested at the university on Thursday night.
“The incident happened on Wednesday evening when the students were in the market. Four-five unidentified persons asked the students about their names and permanent address and thrashed them," SHO Gangrar Dinesh Kumar said.
A case has been registered at Gangrar police station and a search has been launched for the accused.
Gangrar SHO said that there are nearly 500 Kashmiri students and 300 from Jammu studying at Mewar University.
Last year some Kashmiri students of Mewar University were attacked over rumours that they cooked beef in the hostel.
Recommended For You
- Indian Football Will Benefit From Corporate Investment at Grassroots, Says Eugeneson Lyngdoh
- IPL 2018: Chennai Eye Win Against Rajasthan at Their New Home
- Badumbaaa: Big B, Rishi Kapoor Turn Singers To Take You On A Jolly Ride In 102 Not Out First Song
- Jacqueline Fernandez Thinks These Two Stars Are The Fittest Actors In Bollywood
- Throwback Thursday: When Aishwarya Rai's Response To 'If She Still Lives With Her Parents' Won Hearts