Eight Naxals, Two Cops Killed in Encounter in Chhattisgarh
The gunbattle took place at a forest in Kistaram area bordering Telangana, around 500 km from here, when a team of security personnel was out on an anti-Naxal operation.
Raipur: Eight Naxals and two police personnel were killed in an encounter between ultras and security men in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district on Monday, police said.
The gunbattle took place at a forest in Kistaram area bordering Telangana, around 500 km from here, when a team of security personnel was out on an anti-Naxal operation, Sukma's Superintendent of Police Abhishek Meena told PTI.
Eight bodies of Naxals have been found at the encounter spot, he said. Two District Reserve Guard (DRG) personnel were also killed in the exchange of fire, the SP said.
Reinforcements have been rushed to the spot, he said. Further details were awaited as the encounter was still underway, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Motorola TV With Android TV 9.0 Launched: Price, Features, and More
- OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications Leak Claims to Reveal All New Features
- Post #MeToo, 19% Men Don't Want to Hire 'Attractive' Women, Reveals Survey
- Mark The Calendar, Here is When Your iPhone, Watch, iPad and MacBook Get Updated
- Is Facebook Ready For TV Battles With Netflix, Apple TV+ and Amazon Video?