Election Commission Full Bench Arrives to Review Lok Sabha Poll-preparedness in Bengal
On Thursday, the team will also meet District Magistrate and Superintendent of Police of all the districts to review law and order and preparation for the polls.
Kolkata: The full bench of the Election Commission led by Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora
arrived here on Wednesday evening to review the preparedness of the Lok Sabha election in the state, sources at the Chief Electoral Officer's office said.
The poll panel will hold a series of meetings with all political parties, officials of the CEO's office and nodal
officers of all state and Central police force on Thursday.
On the same day, the team will also meet District Magistrate and Superintendent of Police of all the districts
to review law and order and preparation for the polls, the sources said.
The full bench would meet the chief secretary, home secretary, director general of police (DGP) and other senior
officials of the state on Friday.
It would also meet the expenditure officers of all central government departments, besides the officials of lead
banks, railways and airports in the state.
The bench led by the CEC will also hold a press conference before leaving here, the sources said.
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies | 'I Believe I am The Man' - Viv Richards to Virat Kohli on Passion & Aggression
- Deadpool Star Ryan Reynolds Just Broke Hearts of Marvel Fans Who Begged Him to Save Spider-Man
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- Malayalam Actress Manju Warrier Safely Reaches Manali After Being Stuck in Landslide
- After Jeremy Renner, Tom Holland's Father Joins Marvel Fans Asking Sony to Save Spider-Man