EC Orders Repoll at 38 Polling Stations in Srinagar Constituency
The Election Commission on Tuesday ordered repoll at 38 polling stations in the Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency which witnessed large-scale violence during the by-election on Sunday.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Tuesday ordered repoll at 38 polling stations in the Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency which witnessed large-scale violence during the by-election on Sunday.
In a letter to the state Chief Electoral Officer, the Commission said it is ordering repoll based on the reports of the returning officers and observers.
The repoll will be held on April 13. By-polls in the prestigious constituency witnessed large-scale clashes between the protesters and security forces on Sunday, leaving eight civilians dead and more than 100 security personnel injured.
The seat was also a witness to an abysmally low voter turnout of 6.5%, its worst in the past three decades. The Election Commission had on Monday evening deferred by-election in the Anantnag constituency, pre-empting violence. The by-election in Anantnag will now be held on May 25, 2017.
Recommended For You
- Umpire Brutally Assaulted by Players During a Club Game in New Zealand
- Unable to Hold Herself Back, Neha Kakkar Once Again Breaks Down on the Sets of Reality Show
- Covering Imran Khan's Picture in India Regrettable: PCB
- Shah Rukh Khan's Daughter Suhana Khan Reveals She Wants to Date This Celebrity
- Benelli TRK 502, TRK 502X Launched in India, Prices Start From Rs 5 Lakh
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s