EC Orders Repoll at 38 Polling Stations in Srinagar Constituency
The Election Commission on Tuesday ordered repoll at 38 polling stations in the Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency which witnessed large-scale violence during the by-election on Sunday.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Tuesday ordered repoll at 38 polling stations in the Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency which witnessed large-scale violence during the by-election on Sunday.
In a letter to the state Chief Electoral Officer, the Commission said it is ordering repoll based on the reports of the returning officers and observers.
The repoll will be held on April 13. By-polls in the prestigious constituency witnessed large-scale clashes between the protesters and security forces on Sunday, leaving eight civilians dead and more than 100 security personnel injured.
The seat was also a witness to an abysmally low voter turnout of 6.5%, its worst in the past three decades. The Election Commission had on Monday evening deferred by-election in the Anantnag constituency, pre-empting violence. The by-election in Anantnag will now be held on May 25, 2017.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile 0.9.0 Update Lands October 25 With Night Mode And Halloween Theme
- Singer Shweta Pandit Accuses Anu Malik of Sexually Harassing Her; Composer Denies
- Parineeti Chopra to Demand Rs 37 Crore from Nick Jonas at Priyanka’s Wedding. Here’s Why
- These Pictures of Ranbir Kapoor & Alia Bhatt Spending Quality Time in New York Go Viral
- Sajid Khan Says He Treated Women Badly in this Old Interview