Empty Baggage Carrier Rolls Off at Windy Mumbai Airport, Damages Vistara Plane
No passengers or crew were in the aircraft at the time, but it has nonetheless been grounded for repairs.
Representational Image. (Picture: Vistara twitter/ @airvistara)
An engine of a Vistara plane at Mumbai airport was damaged after gusts of wind made an empty baggage carrier roll off and collide with the plane, according to an official statement of the airlines.
No passengers or crew were on board at the time of the incident, a spokesperson confirmed.
The aircraft will be grounded for repair, which has also received a dent. Schedules to certain routes may be affected until the aircraft is ready to resume operations, the spokesperson added.
"Inconvenience caused to customers for any delay or cancellation is regretted," the official statement said.
Mumbai and other parts of Maharashtra received heavy rainfall again on Friday, with the India Meteorological Department strating that light to heavy rains may continue to pour in the state over the weekend.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- PV Sindhu Overcomes Tai Tzu Ying to Reach World Badminton Championships Semi-finals
- Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Leaked Ahead of Launch, All-Black SUV Looks Dominating
- NASA’s Next Moon Landing Will be Powered by The Aitken Supercomputer Made by HP
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones