Militant Wanted for Shujaat Bukhari's Murder Among 6 Killed in Anantnag Encounter
As the security forces closed in on the hiding militants, they fired triggering the ongoing gunfight, the police said.
Srinagar: Six militants were on Friday killed in an encounter with security forces in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said.
An army official said an exchange of fire between security forces and militants began in the early hours in Bijbehara area of the district.
Six militants were killed in the operation and weapons were recovered from the spot, he said.
As per ANI report, the 6 militants neutralised in Anantnag encounter have been identified as Azad Malik, Unais Shafi, Shahid Bashir, Basit Ishtiyaq, Aqib Najar and Firdous Najar.
Out of those killed, Azad Malik was wanted in journalist Shujaat Bukhari's murder case, too.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Having Multiple Husbands May Be a 'Wise Strategy' For Women, Claims Study
- Not Subscribed to YouTube Premium? No Stress, Because Originals Will Soon be Free
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes