Engineering Student Gored to Death at Jallikattu Event; Spectator Dies of Shock
32-year-old, engineering graduate Thirunavakarau was attacked by the bull and died on the spot. The other man suffered a lethal cardiac arrest as the bull dashed into the barricade, the police said.
File Photo of a Jallikattu event in Tamil Nadu. (Photo Credits - Reuters/Babu)
Chennai: A jallikattu (bull taming) event in Sivaganga district on Sunday claimed two lives and left 80 injured. One of the deceased was gored to death, while the other died of shock.
32-year-old, engineering graduate Thirunavakarau, a spectator to the sport, was attacked by the bull and died on the spot. The other man suffered a lethal cardiac arrest as the bull dashed into the barricade, the police said.
The police added that out of the 80 injured, most of which bull tamers, some needed to be hospitalised while the others were treated at the medical outpost set up at the venue.
After the event, two groups of bull tamers clashed over the reported wrong announcement of prize winners by the organisers, injuring five.
"10 persons have been detained in connection with the clash. The two groups, fighting over the prize, damaged property including bikes kept for prizes," said police officials.
Recommended For You
- Virgin Atlantic Flight Reaches Speed of 1300 Kilometers Per Hour; Sets New Record
- Sunil Grover to Come Back on The Kapil Sharma Show, Deets Inside
- Gully Boy Faces Major Drop As It Inches Closer to Rs 100 Cr Mark, Uri on 'Miraculous Run'
- YouTube Has Heard The Advertisers Message, And is Now Cracking Down on Pedophiles
- Man Kills Woman in Chennai After Spat Over Chicken Biryani
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s