Engineering Student Swept Away by Krishna River, Three Friends Drown During Rescue Effort
Police said the students of a private college came to Pavitra Sangamam, the confluence point of the Godavari and Krishna, along with another classmate, for a visit.
Image for representation only.
Amaravati: Four engineering students were on Saturday feared drowned in river Krishna, the police said. National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel have launched operations to trace them.
Police said the students of a private college came to Pavitra Sangamam, the confluence point of the Godavari and Krishna, along with another classmate, for a visit. As one of them tried to get down into the river, he accidentally slipped and was washed away.
Three others tried to rescue him but the force of the water pulled them also into the river, a police official said. Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu expressed grief over the incident.
Krishna district in charge collector Vijaya Krishnan has rushed to the spot to oversee rescue operations, the police added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- How Many of Us Choose Heart Over Mind: Kangana Ranaut Supports Priyanka Chopra for 'Jai Hind' Tweet
- Jio Effect: Airtel V-Fiber Offers up to 1000GB Free Data & Plans Start at Rs 799
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Cristiano Ronaldo Praises Lionel Messi, Says He 'Made me a Better Player'
- Ashes 2019: Did Archer Mimic Smith's Unique Batting Style?