On Engineer's Day, PM Modi Says Human Progress Would be Incomplete Without Their Zeal
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, 'Engineers are synonymous with diligence and determination. Human progress would be incomplete without their innovative zeal.'
Prime Minister Narendra Modi (Image: Reuters/File)
New Delhi: Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday greeted engineers on Engineer's Day, describing them as those synonymous with diligence and determination.
Engineer's Day is observed to mark the birth anniversary of acclaimed civil engineer M Visvesvaraya.
"Engineers are synonymous with diligence and determination. Human progress would be incomplete without their innovative zeal," the prime minister said in a tweet.
Greeting the "hardworking engineers", Modi also paid tributes to Visvesvaraya.
Naidu said Visvesvaraya was a civil engineer par excellence, who harnessed India's water resources through dams. "He was a visionary.
The nation is ever grateful to his invaluable contribution."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Gautam Kumar Jha Becomes Third Crorepati on KBC, Quits at Rs 7 Crore Question
- Ali Fazal Calls Meeting with Al Pacino 'Best Gift of 2019'
- Here's Why Aishwarya Rai is a Good Choice for the Hindi Version of Maleficent 2
- Bajaj Brings Back Iconic 'Chetak' Scooter in an All-Electric Avatar: Here's All You Need to Know
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution