- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 114/120
- TRS 96
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
Ethiopia-bound Foreigner Arrested with 75 kg Sandalwood Worth 4.9 Lakh at Mumbai Airport
Bakri Abbas Hussain Ahmed, a Sudanese national, was scheduled to fly to Addis Ababa by an Ethiopian Airways flight on Sunday, CISF officials said.
File photo of Mumbai airport.
Mumbai: An African national has been arrested at the Mumbai airport for allegedly carrying 75 kgs of sandalwood worth approximately Rs 4.9 lakh, CISF officials said on Monday.
Bakri Abbas Hussain Ahmed, a Sudanese national, was scheduled to fly to Addis Ababa by an Ethiopian Airways flight on Sunday, they said.
During the screening of his bag through the X-BIS machine near the departure gate number-3 of Terminal-2 of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International (CSMI) Airport, suspicious items were noticed, the officials said.
On physical checking, 75 kgs of sandalwood wrapped in plastic sheet was found, they said, adding that Ahmed could not give any satisfactory answers.
The passenger along with the recovered sandalwood was handed over to the Forest Department for further legal action, the officials added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- German Woman in 'Relationship' With Plane for 6 Years, Plans to 'Marry' Boeing 737-800
- Bigg Boss 13 Fame Asim Riaz to Star Opposite Sunny Leone in Mahesh Bhatt's Directorial?
- Panga Gets Sandwiched Between Street Dancer 3D and Tanhaji at the Box Office
- Who Is Jair Bolsonaro, India's 71st Republic Day Parade Guest? | Crux+
- Nick Kyrgios Says There's 'Layer of Respect' With Rafael Nadal Even if They Don't Like Each Other