Former CBI Boss Rakesh Asthana, NIA Chief YC Modi Get Top Pay Scale
Civil Aviation Security chief Rakesh Asthana, National Investigation Agency (NIA) chief YC Modi and Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Police SS Dewal - all 1984-batch IPS officers were given the top pay scale.
File photo of CBI Special Director Rakesh Asthana. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: Civil Aviation Security chief Rakesh Asthana, who hogged the headlines due to his bitter fight with former CBI chief Alok Verma, is among three IPS officers who have been given the top pay scale, according to a Personnel Ministry order.
Asthana, a Gujarat-cadre IPS officer, along with the head of National Investigation Agency (NIA) YC Modi were given the top pay scale of Rs 2.25 lakh, it said.
SS Deswal, Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), has also been given the apex pay scale. All the three officials are 1984-batch IPS officers.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Post Contrasting Wins at World Badminton Championships
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Youtuber Finds GoPro Camera Containing Final Moments of Teenager Who Drowned
- Woman Sets Fire to Creepy 'It' Clown Doll which Floated into Her Backyard