Ex-Fortis Healthcare Promoter Malvinder Singh Sent to ED Custody Till Nov 18 in Money Laundering Case
Singh is accused of laundering money, punishable under sections 3 and 4 of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
File photo of Malvinder Singh. (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: A court here on Friday sent former Fortis Healthcare promoter Malvinder Singh and former CMD of Religare Enterprises Ltd Sunil Godhwani to ED custody till November 18 in a money laundering case related to alleged misappropriation of funds of Religare Finvest Ltd (RFL).
A duty magistrate sent both the accused to the Enforcement Directorate's custody in a proceeding held at the Tihar central jail due to an ongoing strike by lawyers in district courts.
The ED had taken both the accused in its custody on November 14 inside the jail here, where they were lodged in a case filed by the Delhi Police in relation to the alleged scam, a lawyer associated with the case said.
Singh and Godhwani are accused of laundering money, punishable under sections 3 and 4 of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, the central agency said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Kartik-Bhumi-Ananya Promise Plenty Laughs
- Maybe He Has Got too Carried Away with the Game, Says Paras Chhabra's Girlfriend Akanksha Puri
- Vikas Gupta Confirms Entry in Bigg Boss 13 with New Instagram Post?
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report