Ex-UP CM Kalyan Singh Appears Before Special CBI Court in Babri Masjid Demolition Case
The court holding the trial of various BJP leaders, including LK Advani, Murli Manhor Joshi and Uma Bharti for allegedly conspiring to demolish the mosque at the disputed Ram Janmbhoomi-Babri Masjid site in Ayodhya.
File photo of BJP leader Kalyan Singh.
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh on Friday appeared before a special CBI court responding to its summons in the Babri Masjid demolition case.
The court holding the trial of various BJP leaders, including L K Advani, Murli Manhor Joshi and Uma Bharti for allegedly conspiring to demolish the mosque at the disputed Ram Janmbhoomi-Babri Masjid site in Ayodhya, had issued summons to Kalyan Singh after it was informed that his term as Rajasthan governor expired in the first week of this month.
Singh was the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh when the 16th-century structure was razed on December 6 in 1992.
After completion of his term as Rajasthan governor, which accorded him immunity from prosecution in any criminal case during his tenure as a constitutional dignitary, Kalyan Singh had joined the BJP this month.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note Smartphone Series Crosses 100 Million Shipment Milestone
- Mithali Raj Dedicates Taylor Swift Song to Troll Criticising Her Language Preferences
- How Zombieland Created a New Genre by Adding Humour and Subtracting Fear
- India, Stressed: More than Half of Commuters in Metro Cities Likely to Commit Road Rage
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro Launched in India: Specs, Price and More