Ex-VP of Multinational Company Stole Car, Used it for Chain-snatching in Mumbai; Arrested
In December last year, the accused was also arrested for allegedly stealing a pistol of a CRPF jawan, the police said.
Image for representational purposes only. (Photo: Reuters)
Mumbai: A 35-year-old former vice president of a multinational company was arrested for chain snatching at Vashi in Navi Mumbai, police said Wednesday.
Sumit Sen Gupta, a resident of Vashi was arrested on December 12, an official said.
"He had earlier stolen a sedan car near Fortis Hospital in Vashi. He used that vehicle for chain-snatching," the official added.
The incident of car theft was recorded on a CCTV camera installed in the area, based on which he was identified, the official said, adding that Gupta was finally arrested in Vashi itself.
He was produced before a court, which sent him to police custody till Thursday.
In December last year, the accused was also arrested for allegedly stealing a pistol of a CRPF jawan, he said.
"Gupta had also been booked for domestic violence in 2015," the official said.
Recommended For You
- India vs Pakistan: PCB Raises Objection Against Star Sports Commercial for Big Game
- India vs Pakistan: Amir & Wahab Warned Twice For Running on Danger Area
- 18 Years of Lagaan: Aamir Khan Shares Emotional Post and Thanks Ashutosh Gowarikar
- Karthik, Chahal and Shankar Visit Manchester United
- Meet the Sufi Singer Who Wants to Mix Rap with Her Music
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s