Exchange of Fire Between Terrorists and Security Forces in J&K's Baramulla, Area Cordoned off
Sources said that two to three terrorists remained trapped inside as a joint operation by the CRPF, Army and the Special Operation Group of the Jammu and Kashmir Police was launched.
File photo of security personnel posted in J&K.
Srinagar: In the first encounter in nearly two weeks, a fierce gun-battle broke out on Tuesday evening between terrorists and security forces in Baramulla area of north Kashmir. This is also the first encounter after abrogation of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir.
According to sources, two to three terrorists are remained trapped inside as a joint operation by the CRPF, Army and the Special Operation Group of the Jammu and Kashmir Police was launched. Baramullah is around 54 km from capital Srinagar.
Meanwhile, the Kashmir Zone Police on Twitter said, "Exchange of fire between security forces and terrorists in Baramulla. (The) area under cordon. Details will follow."
Since Article 370 was abrogated on August 5, the Valley has been by and large peaceful apart from certain stray incidents of stone-pelting.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Gets Trolled for Grammy Dress, Suchitra Krishnamoorthi Defends Her
- On Data Privacy Day, Know How Facial Recognition in India is Only Going to Get Worse
- Nick Jonas Fans Can't Stop Stanning Over Food Stuck in His Teeth During Grammy Gig
- Shaheer Sheikh Throws Fun Gala for Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke Cast
- Priest from Hyderabad's 'Visa Temple' is Demanding Citizenship for the Deity Under CAA