Exchange of Fire Between Terrorists and Security Forces in J&K's Baramulla, Area Cordoned off
Sources said that two to three terrorists remained trapped inside as a joint operation by the CRPF, Army and the Special Operation Group of the Jammu and Kashmir Police was launched.
File photo of security personnel posted in J&K.
Srinagar: In the first encounter in nearly two weeks, a fierce gun-battle broke out on Tuesday evening between terrorists and security forces in Baramulla area of north Kashmir. This is also the first encounter after abrogation of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir.
According to sources, two to three terrorists are remained trapped inside as a joint operation by the CRPF, Army and the Special Operation Group of the Jammu and Kashmir Police was launched. Baramullah is around 54 km from capital Srinagar.
Meanwhile, the Kashmir Zone Police on Twitter said, "Exchange of fire between security forces and terrorists in Baramulla. (The) area under cordon. Details will follow."
Since Article 370 was abrogated on August 5, the Valley has been by and large peaceful apart from certain stray incidents of stone-pelting.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year