Face Recognition Tool Helps Reunite Mentally Unsound Boy with Family
The boy had left his residence in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh in June, 2018. He was traced at a Government Ashram in Bangalore on December 25 last year.
Representative Image (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)
Hyderabad: A 14-year-old mentally unsound boy from Madhya Pradesh was reunited with his family after about eight months with the help of Face Recognition Technology, police said here Saturday.
The boy had left his residence in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh in June, 2018.
He was traced at a Government Ashram in Bangalore on December 25 last year, a police release said.
He was subsequently reunited with his family with the help of the Darpan Face Recognition Tool developed by Telangana police, it said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- DDCA to Name Stand After Virat Kohli in Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March