Face Recognition Tool Helps Reunite Mentally Unsound Boy with Family
The boy had left his residence in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh in June, 2018. He was traced at a Government Ashram in Bangalore on December 25 last year.
Representative Image (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)
Hyderabad: A 14-year-old mentally unsound boy from Madhya Pradesh was reunited with his family after about eight months with the help of Face Recognition Technology, police said here Saturday.
The boy had left his residence in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh in June, 2018.
He was traced at a Government Ashram in Bangalore on December 25 last year, a police release said.
He was subsequently reunited with his family with the help of the Darpan Face Recognition Tool developed by Telangana police, it said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 14 Written Update: Salman Khan Eliminates Koena Mitra on Weekend Ka Vaar
- This Airline's All-Women Crew Flew 120 Young Girls to NASA to Promote Gender Equality
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria