'Fake' Tweet About Ashwani Lohani's Retirement from Railways Creates Buzz Amid Talks of Extension
Chairman of the Railway Board Ashwani Lohani later clarified that the tweet had been posted from a fake twitter handle.
File photo of Ashwani Lohani (Getty Images)
New Delhi: A tweet from a fake Twitter handle about Railway Board Chairman Ashwani Lohani bidding adieu to the national transporter created a buzz in the Railway Ministry on Sunday, amid speculation that he would be given an extension.
"Looking forward for a new inning, new beginning and a new year. After years of service at two of the Nation's biggest transporters Air India and Indian Railways, I shall be retiring on this 31st Dec (sic)," read the tweet posted on December 21.
Lohani's office Sunday said, "It is a fake tweet from a fake account."
Lohani, who has also served as Chairman and Managing Director of Air India before taking on his role in the railways, is due to retire on December 31, but if sources are to be believed, he may get an extension.
The railway board chairman is currently travelling, his office said, adding they are contemplating action against those behind the handle after he returns on Monday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Here's How Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Decided to 'Chill' After a Concert Night
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Meets Pilot Who Built a 6-Seater Aircraft on His Terrace
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When