Family Members of Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley Thank PM for Posthumous Padma Awards
Both the late Union ministers have been conferred with the Padma Vibhushan, the second-highest civilian award in the country.
File photo of Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: The family members of Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj on Saturday thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi after the Centre announced that the late Union ministers have been conferred with the Padma Vibhushan, the second-highest civilian award in the country.
"Today is a very proud moment for my family and I. Those who were close to him certainly know - for Arun Jaitley, the nation always came first," Jaitley's daughter Sonali Jaitley Bakhshi said on Twitter.
Today is a very proud moment for my family & I. Thank you, Shri @narendramodi for bestowing this honour on my father. Those who were close to him certainly know - for @arunjaitley, the nation ALWAYS came first!
— SonaliJaitleyBakhshi (@sonalijaitley) January 25, 2020
"Thank You Prime Minister Narendra Modi for bestowing the award on my father," said his son Rohan Jaitley.
Swaraj's husband and former Mizoram Governor Swaraj Kaushal also thanked Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah in a tweet. "We feel honoured and humbled," he said, attributing the Twitter statement to himself and to his daughter Bansuri Swaraj.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Wall, Whiter Taj and Stink-free Yamuna: The Many Ways India is 'Cleaning Up' to Welcome Trump
- Reebok Zig Kinetica Review: When Inspiration From The Past Makes it All Worthwhile
- Hrithik Roshan Writes Hilarious Ode to His Absent Abs with Photo From Dabboo Ratnani's Calendar
- PUMA x FIRST MILE: Puma Have a New Sportswear Collection Made From Recycled Plastic
- Google is Throwing Out Apps That Bother Users With Adverts; Almost 600 Have Been Binned