Family Members of Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley Thank PM for Posthumous Padma Awards
Both the late Union ministers have been conferred with the Padma Vibhushan, the second-highest civilian award in the country.
File photo of Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: The family members of Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj on Saturday thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi after the Centre announced that the late Union ministers have been conferred with the Padma Vibhushan, the second-highest civilian award in the country.
"Today is a very proud moment for my family and I. Those who were close to him certainly know - for Arun Jaitley, the nation always came first," Jaitley's daughter Sonali Jaitley Bakhshi said on Twitter.
Today is a very proud moment for my family & I. Thank you, Shri @narendramodi for bestowing this honour on my father. Those who were close to him certainly know - for @arunjaitley, the nation ALWAYS came first!
— SonaliJaitleyBakhshi (@sonalijaitley) January 25, 2020
"Thank You Prime Minister Narendra Modi for bestowing the award on my father," said his son Rohan Jaitley.
Swaraj's husband and former Mizoram Governor Swaraj Kaushal also thanked Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah in a tweet. "We feel honoured and humbled," he said, attributing the Twitter statement to himself and to his daughter Bansuri Swaraj.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13's Asim Riaz Chased by 2 Fans on Motorbike, Watch Video
- Here is How to Get Netflix, Amazon Prime, Zee5 And More Free With Your Mobile Plan
- Weather Reporter Accidentally Turns on Filters During Facebook Live and Internet Can't Keep Calm
- Death Certificate Issued to Deceased Unnao Man Wishes Him a 'Bright Future' Ahead
- Balakot Airstrike Anniversary: A Look at IAF Mirage-2000 Jet, Unsung Hero That Destroyed Jaish Terror Camps