Family of Slain Hindu Outfit Leader Kamlesh Tiwari Demands Capital Punishment for Killers
The accused, Surat residents Ashfaq Shaikh (34) and Moinuddin Pathan (27), were absconding since Tiwari's brutal killing in Lucknow on October 18.
Hindu Samaj Party Kamlesh Tiwari's mother. (Image: Twitter/ANI)
Lucknow: Expressing satisfaction over the arrest of two men who were involved in allegedly killing Kamlesh Tiwari, the family members of the slain Hindu outfit leader on Wednesday demanded capital punishment for the killers.
The accused, Surat residents Ashfaq Shaikh (34) and Moinuddin Pathan (27), were absconding since Tiwari's brutal killing in Lucknow on October 18. On Tuesday, the two men were arrested by the Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS).
"I am very happy with the arrest of the killers. Now they should be hanged (for their crime)," Kusum Tiwari, mother of Kamlesh Tiwari told reporters. I am satisfied with the government action, she added.
Expressing similar views, Tiwari's son Satyam thanked the Gujarat ATS and the Uttar Pradesh government for standing by the family. "Now they should be hanged once they are identified," he said.
Shaikh and Pathan were arrested from near Shamlaji on the Gujarat- Rajasthan border when they were about to enter Gujarat on Tuesday evening.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hong Kong Open: PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap Crash Out in Second Round
- Tired of Toxic Sanitary Napkins, Coimbatore Teen is Making Her Own Eco-Friendly Cotton Pads
- Amrita Singh is Not Happy with Daughter Sara Ali Khan's Plans to Spend New Year with Kartik Aaryan?
- I-League to Be Televised on DSport For Next Three Seasons
- IAF Rafale Fighter Jet: What Makes Dassault-Made Plane So Important for India