195/288 Seats ((145 Seats to Win)
|Wins + Leads||133||31||31||18||13|
Famous Toy Train 'Himalayan Queen' Catches Fire, No Loss in Life and Property Reported
The team on the train managed to douse the fire and continue its journey to Shimla without any of the onboard 200 lives at risk
Smoke running free from the fire at the Himalayan Queen train on January 8
Himachal Pradesh: Fire broke out in the engine of the popular tourist train Himalayan Queen, reports ANI. The fire started somewhere between the stations of Kumarhati and Dharampur on the Kalka-Shimla heritage section in Solan.
The seven coached passenger train on the world famous narrow-gauge railway in Himachal Pradesh had 200 odd lives on board. There are no reports of any loss of life or injury following this incident.
Himachal Pradesh:Fire broke out in the engine of train No. 52455 (Himalayan Queen) b/w Kumarhati&Saharanpur on Kalka Shimla heritage section in Solan.There were around 200 passengers in 7 coaches. Fire was doused by the driver. Engine was changed&passengers were boarded to Shimla pic.twitter.com/WnNEAfOSlq— ANI (@ANI) January 8, 2019
With the fire doused by the driver on time, the train had enough time to change its engine. It continued its onward journey to Shimla thereafter.
(With agency inputs)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Janhvi Kapoor Steps Out With Price Tag Attached to Outfit
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- Police Drama or Unsafe Abortion? The Complicated Choice For Pregnant, Indian Teenagers
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge