The farmers’ agitation has intensified in other parts of the country with around 4,000 villagers taking to the streets in Maharashtra’s Solapur where a farmer hanged himself. The farmers’ union of the Congress is also staging a protest at the Cantonment Railway Station in Bengaluru.
- I came here to meet the farmers
- I was stopped in Rajasthan and MP and then I was arrested...I wanted to meet those affected farmers
- Government has forgotten its duty about farmers...Their loans are not waived off
- Strict action should be taken against those who are responsible for the shooting incident... The guilty must not be spared
- Madhya Pradesh government lied that the police didn't fired on farmers
- This is not a photo op
- Farmers are suffering in this country
- Will take all your concerns to the govt and raise this issue in parliament
- Farmers are not getting what they deserve, this is the fact
- The lion's share of the profits goes to people who are sitting on top of the chain
- I wanted to go to Madhya Pradesh. But they stopped me from entering the state
- I wanted to come to your houses, but they (MP Police) stopped me. That's why I called you here
The Rajasthan police said that it will examine whether traffic rules were violated by Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, who visited the state on way to Madhya Pradesh, on Thursday.
- I am a son of a farmer too
- We are very sensitive on farmer's issues
- The government is supporting the farmers in all means
- There are crises...But our state government is capable enough to handle the situation. I appeal to farmers that they should support the state governments... They have promised for solutions
- Investigation is on... We will wait for the report
- Security forces should not be used against farmers -- Our governments can empathise with the farmers
- Some powers have tried to instigate unrest in the states
- Problems are there in every developed country too
Spoke to families of deceased farmers on phone&conveyed my condolences.I'm here to meet them&will not be deterred frm voicing their concerns— Office of RG (@OfficeOfRG) June 8, 2017
Click to Read | Away from Farmer Protests, Agriculture Minister Takes Yoga Break With Ramdev
Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh was seen doing yoga with yoga guru Baba Ramdev at a public function in Bihar's Motihari, even as the killing of Madhya Pradesh farmers in police firing fuelled protests in other parts of the country.
Click to Read | Why Mandsaur Characterises Angry, Morose State of Indian Farmers
On Tuesday, Madhya Pradesh became the first state in the recent history of the country to shoot six farmers dead in its north-western district of Mandsaur.
Click to Read | Rahul Neither Farmer, Nor Leader, Says BJP; Cong Says He Speaks for Farmers
Despite the administration announcing that he would not be allowed to enter Mandsaur, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi reached the Madhya Pradesh border from Udaipur early on Thursday, and from there rode pillion to meet families of farmers killed in police firing.
Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan's video message on Twitter: My government is for the farmers and the people of MP...I will keep working for them till my death...we have taken many steps for the benefit of farmers....some anti-social elements want to disrupt peace in the state and we will fight them...let's work for MP together
प्रिय बहनों,भाइयों नमस्कार! मेरी सरकार किसानों की सरकार है। जनता की सरकार है। मेरी जब तक साँस चलेगी,जनता और किसानों के लिए काम करता रहूँगा। pic.twitter.com/iICe0mNnmw— ShivrajSingh Chouhan (@ChouhanShivraj) June 8, 2017
Rahul Gandhi has been detained at Neemuch border en route to violence-hit Mandsaur in MP.
Stay tuned for live updates:
Recommended For You
- Table Tennis Under Lockdown: Have to Learn to Adapt and Live With Covid-19, Says Soumyajit Ghosh
- Locust Fry? Internet is Swarming with Old 'Tidde' Recipes as Pests Attack Crops
- Virat Kohli Should Divorce Anushka, Says BJP MLA Who Filed Complaint Against Actress for Paatal Lok
- Watch: Grandma Steps in Front of Cops with Guns to Protect Grandson, Video Causes Outrage
- BJP MLA Who Wants Kohli to Divorce Anushka Needs to Know It isn't 'Punishment'