Farmers Can Buy Seeds With Old Rs 500 Notes
The government on Monday allowed farmers to purchase seeds with the demonetised bank notes of Rs 500 value.
New Delhi: The government on Monday allowed farmers to purchase seeds with the demonetised bank notes of Rs 500 value.
The seeds, using old notes, can be bought from the outlets of central or state governments, state-run enterprises and national or state seeds companies and agricultural universities upon furnishing a valid proof of identity.
"The government is committed to ensure that the farmers are suitably facilitated during the Rabi season," an official statement said.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Watch: COVID-19 Spreads Despite Wearing Gloves through 'Cross-Contamination', Explained
- Miss England 2019 Hangs up Her Crown, Returns to Work as Doctor Amid Covid-19 Pandemic
- Sidharth Shukla-Shehnaz Gill to Feature in More Music Videos Post Success of Bhula Dunga: Report
- Uranus' Weird, Tilted Orbit May Have Been Caused by Collision with Icy Dwarf Planet
- Xerox is Making Disposable Ventilators And They do Not Require Power to Work