Farmers' Union Blocks Yamuna Expressway in Protest
The demands included compensation for inundated crop, financial assistance for damaged houses, including the names of farmers left out of the crop insurance scheme,
Representative Image(File photo)
Mathura: The activists of the Bhartiya Kisan Union blocked the Yamuna Expressway today to press for their demands.
The two-hour blockade was lifted after the protesters were given assurance of speedy redressal of their problems, said Sub-Divisional Magistrate (Mahaban) Upama Pandey.
"We were left with no option but to demonstrate as the administration was turning a blind eye to the problems of farmers," district president of Bhartiya Kisan Union Raj Kumar Tomar said.
The demands included compensation for inundated crop, financial assistance for damaged houses, including the names of farmers left out of the crop insurance scheme, Tomar added.
Recommended For You
- Gearing up For 2053 World Cup? Cricket Fans Try Viral #FaceAppChallenge on Team India
- Bizarre: 4-Year-Old Australian Boy Claims to be Reincarnation of Princess Diana
- 'Virat Kohli' is a TikTok Star and No We aren't Talking About Team India Captain
- You Have Just Given FaceApp a Perpetual And Royalty Free License to do What They Want With Your Selfies
- ICJ Orders Pakistan To Grant Consular Access To Kulbhushan Jadav