Father, Son Die After Consuming Birthday Cake in Telangana's Siddipet
The man's wife and daughter, who also consumed the cake on Wednesday night during the birthday celebrations of the nine-year-old boy, were undergoing treatment in two separate hospitals here and in Hyderabad.
Siddipet: A 39-year-old man and his young son died in Siddipet district on Thursday after eating a birthday cake which was suspected to be poisoned,
The man's wife and daughter, who also consumed the cake on Wednesday night during the birthday celebrations of the nine-year-old boy, were undergoing treatment in two separate hospitals here and in Hyderabad, they said.
While the man and the boy died without responding to treatment on Thursday morning, his wife and daughter are still undergoing treatment.
Preliminary investigation revealed that there was some property dispute between the man and his cousin, who had sent the cake, suspected to be poisoned.
The samples of the cake have been sent to a lab to ascertain if it was with laced with any poisonous substance, police said.
A case was registered under section 174 of CrPC and investigation is on, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Simple Case of Ear Infection Could Be the Reason Why Entire Species of Neanderthals Went Extinct
- Why Are Apps on Your iPhone Requesting For Bluetooth? iOS 13 Reveals The Secrets
- Scientists Just Created Picture of What Our Ancient Ancestor Looked Like Using DNA
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year