Fed Up of Her Constant Sickness, Man Kills Mother in Maharashtra's Palghar
The incident took place in Tarapur town on Sunday when the accused, Jaiprakash Dhibhi, hit his mother Chandrawati with an iron rod while she was in the kitchen at their home.
Palghar: A man allegedly killed his 62-year-old mother in Maharashtra's Palghar district after being fed up of her constant sickness, police said on Monday.
The incident took place in Tarapur town on Sunday when the accused, Jaiprakash Dhibhi (30), hit his mother Chandrawati with an iron rod while she was in the kitchen at their home, police inspector Rakesh Pagare said.
The woman died on the spot, he said. Based on a complaint lodged by her younger son, the police arrested the accused and sent the body for postmortem.
"The accused told the police that his mother used to be always sick. He got fed up of it and killed her to give her 'mukti' (liberation)," the official said.
The accused has been booked under Indian Penal Code Section 302 (murder), he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: Mumbai City FC Become 1st Team to do League Double Over Bengaluru FC
- Cat Fight: UK Couple Wins Rs 18 Lakh Court Case to Stop Neighbour from Feeding Pet Feline
- Kartik Aaryan Birthday Gift to Mother is a Swanky Mini Cooper Car Ahead of Love Aaj Kal Release
- Who is Arushi Sharma, the New Actress in Love Aaj Kal Trailer?
- Sony a6400 Review: This is Simply Great, Whether You Need it For Photos or Videos