Fed up of His Alcoholism and Physical Abuse, Telangana Parents Burn 42-year-old Son Alive
Mahesh came home drunk on Tuesday night and started thrashing his parents. Unable to bear the harassment, they tied him to a pole and burnt him alive.
Picture for representation.
Hyderabad: In a horrific act, a couple burnt alive their drunkard son in Telangana's Warangal Rural district on Tuesday, police said.
Fed up with his habits and harassment for money, K. Prabhakar and Vimala tied up K. Mahesh Chandra, 42, poured petrol and set him afire.
The shocking incident occurred on Tuesday night at Musthayalapalli village in Warangal Rural district, about 200 km from Hyderabad.
According to police, Mahesh was habitual alcoholic and unable to bear his harassment, his wife had gone to her parents' house two months ago. Since then, he had started harassing his parents for money. Villagers said he was even beating them up.
Mahesh, father of a son and a daughter, came drunk on Tuesday night and started beating his parents. Unable to bear this treatment any longer, they tied him to a pole and burnt him alive.
Mahesh, who was working as a clerk in Warangal Agriculture Market, died on the spot. Policemen from Damera rushed to the village and shifted the body for autopsy. They registered a case and arrested Mahesh's parents.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Google 2019 Trends: Kabir Singh to Avengers Endgame, Top 10 Movies of the Year
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill is Heading For Review: Everything You Must Know
- Google Top Trends 2019: Cricket World Cup Most Searched News Event in India
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders