FIR Against Man in Himachal Pradesh for Organising 'Jagran' amid Coronavirus Scare
An FIR was lodged under IPC Section 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) for violating section 144 of CrPC, Hamirpur Superintendent of Police Arjit Sen Thakur said.
Shimla: A man has been booked in Himachal Pradesh's Hamirpur district for reportedly organising a 'jagran' (religious gathering) in violation of Section 144 of CrPC imposed in the wake of novel coronavirus outbreak in the country, police said on Saturday.
An FIR was lodged against Kshuti Prakash of Anu Khurd area under IPC Section 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) for violating section 144 of CrPC, Hamirpur Superintendent of Police Arjit Sen Thakur said.
Section 144 of CrPC prohibits assembly of four or more persons at one place.
Himachal Pradesh has reported two cases of coronavirus.
A 32-year-old man from Harchakkian tehsil and a 64-year-old woman from Dohabe village in Shahpur subdivision have been found suffering from coronavirus, Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur said on Friday.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 8 Gets A+ Rating by DisplayMate, 120Hz Refresh Rate Expected
- FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup in India Postponed Due to Coronavirus Pandemic
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Premium Hatchback Becomes Best-Selling Car in March; Beats Alto and Dzire
- Shah Rukh Khan's Humble Replies to Arvind Kejriwal and Aditya Thackeray Win Hearts
- Surviving a Crisis: Naming Babies 'Covid' and 'Lockdown' is Okay Because Birth Trumps Death