Fire at SAIL's Bhilai Plant in Chhattisgarh; no Casualty
The incident of fire comes a year after a deadly blast which claimed eight lives.
Raipur: Smoke billows after a fire in SAIL-run Bhilai Steel Plant, in Raipur, Friday, May 24, 2019. (PTI)
New Delhi: A fire broke out at the Coke Ovens and Coal Chemicals (CO&CC) Department in SAIL's Bhilai steel plant in Chhattisgarh on Friday morning, the company said, adding no injury or casualty was reported.
"A fire was reported at the Tar Distillation Unit of SAIL's Bhilai Steel Plant at 8.30 am," Steel Authority of India (SAIL) said in a statement.
The cause behind the fire is being probed. "Meanwhile, there has not been any disruption in the plant's normal operation," it said.
This comes after the April accident at the plant in which eight workers were injured after part of a roof of a blast furnace blew up.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka, Parineeti Chopra to Voice Sisters Elsa and Anna in Frozen 2's Hindi Version
- Nick Dancing His Heart Out with Priyanka on Ayushmann's Radhe Radhe Goes Viral
- Indian Tourist from Maharashtra Detained in Bhutan for 'Desecrating' Holy Buddhist Chorten
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring