Fire at SAIL's Bhilai Plant in Chhattisgarh; no Casualty
The incident of fire comes a year after a deadly blast which claimed eight lives.
Raipur: Smoke billows after a fire in SAIL-run Bhilai Steel Plant, in Raipur, Friday, May 24, 2019. (PTI)
New Delhi: A fire broke out at the Coke Ovens and Coal Chemicals (CO&CC) Department in SAIL's Bhilai steel plant in Chhattisgarh on Friday morning, the company said, adding no injury or casualty was reported.
"A fire was reported at the Tar Distillation Unit of SAIL's Bhilai Steel Plant at 8.30 am," Steel Authority of India (SAIL) said in a statement.
The cause behind the fire is being probed. "Meanwhile, there has not been any disruption in the plant's normal operation," it said.
This comes after the April accident at the plant in which eight workers were injured after part of a roof of a blast furnace blew up.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan's Cousin Says Sunaina is 'Vulnerable,' Asks People to 'Not Act as Vultures'
- Renault Triber Unveiled in India, Gets 7 Seats and a Modular Cabin
- Ranveer Singh Gets Litigation Warning from WWE Wrestler Brock Lesnar's Manager Paul Heyman
- KTM RC 125 ABS launched at Rs 1.47 Lakh in India
- Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency is Already Facing A Global Financial And Regulatory Pushback
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s