Fire Breaks Out at Two Separate Places in Delhi, Over a Dozen Vehicles Gutted
Over a dozen vehicles were charred as fires broke out at two separate places in Shahdara area of the national capital today. An RTV and a tourist bus were charred in a fire that broke out in Geeta Colony area in the morning.
Image for representation only.
New Delhi: Over a dozen vehicles were charred as fires broke out at two separate places in Shahdara area of the national capital on Sunday. An RTV and a tourist bus were charred in a fire that broke out in Geeta Colony area in the morning.
Two fire tenders doused the flamed that erupted from the tourist bus and spread further due to strong winds, a Delhi Fire Services official said.
Police suspect that the cause of the fire is short circuit, however, the RTV's owner, Vishambar Singh (27), alleged that the vehicles caught fire due to the negligence of the tourist bus driver named Panchdev.
He claimed that Panchdev was smoking in the bus due to which it caught fire, whereas Panchdev told police that he was sleeping in the bus when the fire started and managed to escape from the backdoor.
Singh claimed that Rs 20,000 cash, ayurvedic medicines that he sells and household items were kept in the RTV and charred in the fire. In another incident, five cars, three tempos and three handcarts were burnt in a fire that broke out this afternoon in an open area in Gandhi Nagar area.
The fire broke out around 3.45 PM, apparently in the pile of logs kept near the parked vehicles, a senior police officer said. Eight fire tenders were rushed to douse the flames.
Recommended For You
- Photographer's Viral Picture of a Mystery Couple Has Led Thousands On a Search To Trace Them
- Real Madrid Needs Win in Champions League, Cristiano Ronaldo Returns to Old Trafford
- #MeToo: Tanushree Slaps Rs 10 Cr Defamation Suit on Rakhi Sawant for Maligning Her Image
- Ayushmann's Badhaai Ho Emerges As Big Favourite, Arjun's Namaste England Tanks
- This Fan Recreated The Dark Knight Movie Posters in Batman Animated Series Style