Three Women Killed, Several Injured after Fire Breaks out in Chandigarh Building Housing PG
The women, aged 19-22, were staying as paying guests on the first floor of the building in Sector 32, Chandigarh Superintendent of Police Vineet Kumar said.
Fire breaks out at a paying guest house in Sector-32 of Chandigarh on Saturday. (Image credit: ANI Twitter)
Chandigarh: Three young women died and several persons were injured when a fire broke out at a house in Chandigarh on Saturday, police said.
The women, aged 19-22, were staying as paying guests on the first floor of the building in Sector 32, Chandigarh Superintendent of Police Vineet Kumar said. More than 20 students were staying in the house in makeshift rooms.
The injured have been rushed to a nearby hospital. Four fire tenders were pressed into service to put out the blaze. Police said the cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained, but sources said short-circuit may have led to the blaze.
(With inputs from agencies)
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Kareena Kapoor Shares Taimur's Drawing During Quarantine, Calls Him in-House Picasso
- Harassed and Beaten, Animal Lovers Desperately Try to Ensure Pets and Strays Survive the Lockdown
- Kane Williamson's Adorable Doggo Pulling off a Stunner in the Slips Will Make Your Day
- Top 5 Free Racing Games You Can Play at Home to Beat the Coronavirus Lockdown
- That 5G iPhone You Were Looking Forward To May Not Come Any Time Soon