Maharashtra: A fire broke out in South Mumbai's famous Crawford Market early on Sunday morning. The fire reportedly began at around 5:19 am in the food section of the market.
The fire is believed to have been caused due to a short circuit. According to a fire department officer, the flames were doused in an hour.
The smaller stalls in the market which housed packing materials, perfumes, aerosols inconvenienced the fire-fighting personnel. However, the situation was under control after ten fire tenders were pressed into action.
Around 200 shops were gutted in the flames and the losses could lead upto Rs. 60-100 crore, an eyewitness said. "We want a detailed investigation and inquiry into the incident", he added.